Please join us for an educational program focused on improving the evaluation and management of conditions found in student athletes and aspects of injury management. This program is recommended for local Athletic Trainers working with all student athletes. This program will provide a maximum of 3 category A CEUs for Athletic Trainers.
- 1. Recognize the rationale for pre-hydration with attendant risks.
- 2. Describe the indications for rehydration.
- 3. Discuss the potential legal and ethical concerns with intravenous hydration in the athletic setting
- 4. Discuss active management of concussion, based on current research
- 5. Discuss best practices – based on current research - for returning to school and sports/recreation
- 6. Provide patients with useful, evidence-based guidance for typical recovery, and referrals for prolonged recovery
DCATA Members: Free
There will be plenty of parking located in the HD Woodson parking lot.